• TomF
  • Regular Topic Starter
13 years ago
Going to be fitting an original 30hp motor into my Oval and need to convert the engine to 12v (the car is already 12v).

I have heard you can use a 356/914 12v dynamo - although where would you find one of them?!

My only other option is to re-wind an original one. I've seen Status-VW sell them for round about £300 notes, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience of rewinding one and anywhere that would do it?
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
13 years ago
Speak to Peter Good at Volksgoods... 

47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.