VW Stan
15 years ago

early or late, hardtop not ragtop, prefer original, unrestored, have a preference for black, but will consider others, where are they all then will? :lol:

stu wrote:

How about this original,unrestored black 55 hardtop down at BBT 

Don't know how much they want for it but sound just what you're after!
Some nice, original VWs for sale there...

1955zwartehartjesovaal-006.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
15 years ago

Yep, no probs!

What do you want it to say?

Are you bothered about RHD/LHD? :wink:

54 Gertie wrote:

just oval wanted really,i dont mind lhd or rhd, :d
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

How about this original,unrestored black 55 hardtop down at BBT 

Don't know how much they want for it but sound just what you're after!
Some nice, original VWs for sale there...

VW Stan wrote:

yeh ive seen that, they want about 8000 euros for it & it still needs brakes replacing & an mot etc, its been for sale for about 3 years, way to expensive imho
VW Stan
15 years ago

yeh ive seen that, they want about 8000 euros for it & it still needs brakes replacing & an mot etc, its been for sale for about 3 years, way to expensive imho

stu wrote:

I think that's just down to the current exchange rate. 3 years ago that would have been about £5,500 which doesn't sound as bad as £6,900 at the moment!

I think you should be able to find something 'really' nice if you are prepared to pay £7,000+ but if you're after a bargain, it's just a case of being lucky and finding a car that's not been advertised everywhere.

What's your budget?

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
RoRoVw
15 years ago

i dont own the diamond green car, its one i was contemplating buying, but i dont like the colour, ive not completely rulled it out though, its just a repaint would cost loads...

stu wrote:

Ah! I understand now. The ownership bit got lost in amongst the discussions about repainting or not.
54 Gertie
15 years ago

sure, please put a wanted ad on vzi, but best not put my email as they will probably recognize it :lol:

stu wrote:

Fixed that for you!:d

https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?p=5598737#post5598737 

I will let you know if there is any replies, I've left it a big vague as the more replies the better as you never know, something nice may come along!:wink:

Will:lol:
William
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

Fixed that for you!:d

https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?p=5598737#post5598737 

I will let you know if there is any replies, I've left it a big vague as the more replies the better as you never know, something nice may come along!:wink:

Will:lol:

54 Gertie wrote:

lol thanks will, i dont even mind a stripped out racer as long as its not a welded up patchwork quilt :lol:
Etzhold1
15 years ago
Would you be interested in a Cabrio ?? Not realy a oval but its better "A zwitter":shock:

Guido:wink:
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

Would you be interested in a Cabrio ?? Not realy a oval but its better "A zwitter":shock:

Guido:wink:

Etzhold1 wrote:

i'd love a zwitter, but im not really into cabrios, but thanks for the offer :d
15 years ago
"Are we allowed to place a car wanted ad on here?"

looks like you got away with it! :lol:
www.vwoval.co.uk
15 years ago
UserPostedImage

Project?
www.vwoval.co.uk
15 years ago
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

https://www.eircooled.com/deforum/showthread.php?t=3237 ... but wrong chassis... 😞

JULIANROBINSON wrote:

looks like a good project! might be a problem getting it back from ireland though, how did you get your 53 back from ireland julian?
54 Gertie
15 years ago

looks like a good project! might be a problem getting it back from ireland though, how did you get your 53 back from ireland julian?

stu wrote:

With a trailer, after walking around with a magnet trying to find the rest of it in the barn!:lol:

Just joking Julian, it is remarkably solid really!:wink:
William
15 years ago

stu wrote:

Mine came over on a trailer.. the people it came from bought a car from me... and so took that back on the same trailer! I just made the tea! :lol:
www.vwoval.co.uk
15 years ago

With a trailer, after walking around with a magnet trying to find the rest of it in the barn!:lol:

Just joking Julian, it is remarkably solid really!:wink:

54 Gertie wrote:

its getting better now! :wink:
www.vwoval.co.uk
54 Gertie
15 years ago

its getting better now! :wink:

JULIANROBINSON wrote:

Got any new photos of it? Hows the rust growing on the repro wings?:wink: :lol:
William
stu
  • stu
15 years ago
ive just emailed him, im waiting on more pics, including the rusty areas...
stu
  • stu
15 years ago
why dont you sell me one of your ovals julian, share & share alike :lol:
15 years ago

Got any new photos of it? Hows the rust growing on the repro wings?:wink: :lol:

54 Gertie wrote:

https://www.partsemporium.co.uk/HERTS%20VW%20CLUB%20FORUM/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=56&sid=a90204a8dbc65c6aae94ddcb6beedd23 
www.vwoval.co.uk