lifeintheslowlane wrote:

Stop harshing my mellow dude. :rofl:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

Stop harshing my mellow dude. :rofl:

JD wrote:

I do have a particular aversion to "Dude" never have been one, (whatever a Dude is)never want to be one.

I love Americans, I really do...I find them friendly, open and generally very giving people. I have a lot of very good VW friends amongst them but I don't want to speak like them and try to avoid using Americanisms whenever I can.

It's not because I think we speak better just that we speak differently and I like to preserve that difference. Speak to Americans about it and they want to preserve the difference too.

The Dude thing is aimed at the British who try to "Dude" me...it's totally out of place.

John.
WayneMcCarthy
12 years ago

I do have a particular aversion to "Dude" never have been one, (whatever a Dude is)never want to be one.

I love Americans, I really do...I find them friendly, open and generally very giving people. I have a lot of very good VW friends amongst them but I don't want to speak like them and try to avoid using Americanisms whenever I can.

It's not because I think we speak better just that we speak differently and I like to preserve that difference. Speak to Americans about it and they want to preserve the difference too.

The Dude thing is aimed at the British who try to "Dude" me...it's totally out of place.

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

Agreed .... Dude !
"Mr Stock"
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

Agreed .... Dude !

WayneMcCarthy wrote:

Ahhh faith and begorra etc etc...same to you Dude.:wink:

John.
Rattletrap
12 years ago

...in the same way as many 4x4 owners, of all generations and of both pickups and suvs, refer to their vehicles as a "truck".

merchantrader wrote:

Yes, but many of these vehicles more-or-less are trucks, they carry loads rather than just a few people like the Beetle (a car).

A crew cab Type II pickup for example couldn't be further from a bus (abbrv omnibus), yet I've seen such things advertised as a bus:?
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378