basset
16 years ago
HI i need a tow bar for my 60, would prefer period, does any one know where i may be able to find one or should i fabricate one using new parts and make it look period? :?
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
RoRoVw
16 years ago
There's a beetle tow bar dating from 1966 on ebay at the moment. Two days to run. In Kent. Although it doesn't say in the description, the clamps to hold it to the frame forks are missing and also the bar that bolts inside the rear bumper and gives support to the tow bar at the rear are not there. All these could be fabricated as its the bar itself which is the important part.
Look at Item Number: 160227659843. Might be worth a bid or two.
tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
Status VW sell a German towbar kit complete with wiring for £250 - link 
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
mrsherbie
16 years ago

There's a beetle tow bar dating from 1966 on ebay at the moment. Two days to run. In Kent. Although it doesn't say in the description, the clamps to hold it to the frame forks are missing and also the bar that bolts inside the rear bumper and gives support to the tow bar at the rear are not there. All these could be fabricated as its the bar itself which is the important part.
Look at Item Number: 160227659843. Might be worth a bid or two.

"RoRoVw" wrote:

Yes, I saw that one ( although I'm not looking for one) I agree too, looks ok, tatty but worth the bit of work.
Towbars are funny things, when you want one they are like hens teeth, but then the odd genuine beetle one shows up from time to time quite cheaply. Its a small market. Andy Sparks on this forum has one on his '60 I think? and he is a bit of a knowledge on them more than most if you need advice I am sure he would help. Funnily enough a genuine Westfalia splitbus one in really nice condition is worth anything up to £1k crazy eh! :shock: We've got an old one to fit to the samba but not got round to it yet.
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Etzhold1
16 years ago
I have a 1960 or 1964 (have to check) towbar for sale 200 euro's and its yours !!!

Guido
basset
16 years ago
hi im in belgium on friday and saturday. where abouts are you?
Etzhold1
16 years ago
Hi ,

GET WOOD EAST or Houthalen -Oost near to Hasselt !
Thats obout 90 km from Brussels !

Guido
basset
16 years ago
thanks everyone i have now found one from bugpuck when i went to belgium to pick up our puck, thanks for all your help, just need to find an engine to tow the puck with now as the 1200 is a little on the tired side of things. :roll: