the57
  • the57
  • Guest Topic Starter
19 years ago
Hi whats the cheapest way of lowering an oval?? iv been told its more expensive as its pre 62'.....anyone got any ideas on what to get or do??
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Etzhold1
19 years ago
Yes the cheapest way is" Don't do it" its wasting money, and if you do it, you will regret after a while !!

Guido
Larry
19 years ago
You are thinking in terms of a youngster. If you were quite a bit older you wouldn't even consider lowering your bug. Remember, Ovals are hard to come by so mess yours up.

If you don't believe us - ask your dad's opinion.

Larry
Enjoy life to the fullest - in a VINTAGE VW
six-o-one
19 years ago
If you do insist on lowering it, don't mess up you're original beam.
I think I would just go for a slight drop using modified spindles.

That way it won't shake itself apart and you can put it back to stock hight when you decide to.

six-o-one

😃
Hobbes
19 years ago
Let the man lower it!

I don't know about ovals, but i'm pretty sure they have link pin front ends right? I don't remember... IF they ARE similar to the 60-66 models, then
what i did was just remove a couple of torsion bars, got some drop spindles, and then just bought some heavy duty shocks to keep it from bouncing.

I know it's not the "proper" way but hey it works, and it only cost $160 (us) for the spindles. It rides just fine for me.

Mine's a 67 so i needed lower ball joints too (it's 2 inches off the ground now), but if i'm not mistaken the old ovals had link pin front ends, correct?
heb623
19 years ago
The cheapest way to lower your oval is to put a few bags filled with sand in your trunk!! :shock:
Its very cheap and gives your car more road stability!!! :roll:
Maybe!!! :?

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!