dongkg
16 years ago
Can we possibly include on the forum the pre-67 Type 3's?

Thanks
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
16 years ago
Nobody likes those horrible things!! :lol:
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
mrsherbie
16 years ago
Didnt you take your blue one to Camberg? I passed it on the road and decided that it was possibly the first one I had ever seen that I really liked a lot!
I just dont think there are enough 'nice' or stock ones to make a forum for them though?!
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Rich Oakley
16 years ago

Didnt you take your blue one to Camberg? I passed it on the road and decided that it was possibly the first one I had ever seen that I really liked a lot!
I just dont think there are enough 'nice' or stock ones to make a forum for them though?!

"mrsherbie" wrote:

Yes, I took my Aug 65 Fasty (the oldest surviving RHD Fastback and one owner before me 🙂 I also have a two owner RHD British 63 Notch.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Not many unrestored RHD stockers left.

PS: Tell Owen I owe him a beer (re: Ghia 'vert).
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
mrsherbie
16 years ago

UserPostedImage

"Rich Oakley" wrote:

Oh yes, thats the one! I think the unusual dark blue makes it so special along with the amazing condition.
I remember going to junior school every morning in my best friends Mum's later fastback (which would have been brand new) I only remember that we had to sit on our school bags in the summer and not touch the seats! so that the red hot black basketweave vinyl didnt burn our legs! :lol:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
pp
  • pp
16 years ago

Can we possibly include on the forum the pre-67 Type 3's?

Thanks

"dongkg" wrote:

Good idea..., but Type 3's models have been basicly unchanged until august 1969...! In that year, from september onwards, the cars of the 'model year' 1970 were introduced. All Type 3's that came of the assembly lines before september '69 still have the "vintage look" (small bumpers, low nose etc...), all those produced after this date have the updated body style and are considered less valuable.

So, to my opinion it wouldn't be correct to apply the pre '67 rule (which is for Beetles and Transporters) to Type 3's. It rather should be pre-70 then for these VW's...?!
www.ppress.be  - Classic Car Photography
dongkg
15 years ago

Good idea..., but Type 3's models have been basicly unchanged until august 1969...! In that year, from september onwards, the cars of the 'model year' 1970 were introduced. All Type 3's that came of the assembly lines before september '69 still have the "vintage look" (small bumpers, low nose etc...), all those produced after this date have the updated body style and are considered less valuable.

So, to my opinion it wouldn't be correct to apply the pre '67 rule (which is for Beetles and Transporters) to Type 3's. It rather should be pre-70 then for these VW's...?!

pp wrote:

Yes, I do understand that! So, how do we classify the Type 3's. Can we have a forum for the pre70Type3 here?

thanks a lot!
dongkg
15 years ago

Nobody likes those horrible things!! :lol:

Rich Oakley wrote:

They are indeed beautiful vee-dubs. Drive one and you'll appreciate its exectional characteristics.
dongkg
15 years ago
By the way, even after '67 KG's were still sporting the classic look (i.e. early bumpers with overrider). And Square bumpers only appeared in the 70's.

Hence, Type 3's and KG's share the same fate!