vw.58-beetle
15 years ago
Hello could anybody help please im looking for some pictures of what the heater exchagers and mufflers look like on a 58 beetle as im restoring mine and the mufflers are missing and i think they look a bit diffrent from the later 60s beetles.

thank you

:d
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
Correct heater boxes for a '58 30bhp engine...
UserPostedImage

30bhp twin-tip exhaust for Aug55-Jul60 cars...
UserPostedImage

47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
six-o-one
15 years ago
Those heater boxes are correct after 3rd March '58 :wink:
From April 51 until that date they look like this...

Malc

hb3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vw.58-beetle
15 years ago
Hello lads thanks for the pictres there good errrrr i meant the bit that conects from thes heater boxs to the body into heater chanels as i think there a bit diffrent fro the 60s models

Rich Oakley
15 years ago

Those heater boxes are correct after 3rd March '58 :wink:
From April 51 until that date they look like this...

Malc

six-o-one wrote:

Malc, you're making me look like I true amateur 😉 :lol:

VW-58: do you mean the insulated suppressor pod thingy under the rear seat?
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
six-o-one
15 years ago
The 50mm diameter boxes use tubes like this between the heater box and the body. the later ones are 60mm.

Wolfsburg West in the states do a metal reproduction and I've also seen plastic repros advertised over here in magazines.
https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=111255355 

You can get replacement pipes and flanges to repair your heater boxes from Zarwerks in the US, and I'm sure Karmann Konnection or any of the Vintage Parts people over here would do them too.

There's a whole section about restoring heater boxes and the changes from year to year on the Zarwerks website...

https://www.zarwerks.com/ 

111255355.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  jtube2536_resto_kit.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vw.58-beetle
15 years ago
many many thanks for your info on the heater boxes six o one

thanks once again

paul