vintagebug
14 years ago
That's the one Andy.

Hmm, Rob- you could be right there. I've never looked that closely at the pic before. Those wings are VERY sculpted at the bottom corners and I didn't spot the bonnet opening.

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
I´ve seen a couple of other photos of that car - just wish I could find them again - but it didn´t look glass fibre to me.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago
I was told a story at one of the Cambergs,that it was real.
The story goes, the guy who built it dug a big hole in his garden and buried it in the end.
And i think(couldn't swear to it)the person who told me was the guy who had built the all steel Heb coupe rep that was at H.O this year.
VW Stan
14 years ago
 drag_heb.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
Bengt H
14 years ago

I actually don't believe that's a real Heb, I think it's fibreglass and the mould was taken from a real one - but the race car is not. Too much sculpting of the wings (fenders) and the exhausts exit right on the door shut - plus the small bonnet opening.

pre67vw wrote:

That was a REAL heb :shock: , built and later on scraped (early 70:ies) in Sweden.
lou cypher
14 years ago

The driver thinks he is being cool, we think he is being an idiot

mrsherbie wrote:

I don't think he is an idiot, but if being an idiot means that you can make a D&S wing on the English wheel or hammer out a speedster seat from a piece of Ali

Then I wish I was an idiot too
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
14 years ago

I don't think he is an idiot, but if being an idiot means that you can make a D&S wing on the English wheel or hammer out a speedster seat from a piece of Ali
Then I wish I was an idiot too

lou cypher wrote:

Anna's comment was a little unfair,but more important than Edwins metal skills,Lou.
Is the fact he's a really great bloke.
lou cypher
14 years ago

A more important than Edwins metal skills,Lou.
Is the fact he's a really great bloke.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Yeah I know that, he is a real good friend of mine, he is the first guy to help if your have a problem

We can all critasise, but what you need to remember is that he has a true passion for our hobby

pre67vw
14 years ago

That was a REAL heb :shock: , built and later on scraped (early 70:ies) in Sweden.

Bengt H wrote:

Sorry, I don't think so...

look at the blended in bumper, the flares on the arches, wings blended into the rear valence, the thickness of the door where the exhaust comes out, the little web at the rear of the running board. Looks way too much like a fibreglass body to me. Like I say, I'm sure its taken from a real Heb - but that car wasn't a Heb.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
14 years ago
As a modified car man Rob:lol: you know all this is possible,as changes to a stock car.
One thing i noticed, the louvres in the rear panel,they have been cut diagonally to accomodate the rear cage,if this was a fibre mould why would you bother putting the vents in knowing you were going to cut them away.And more importantly making a set of moulds is a big job,would someone go thru' that to make a one off.Why wasn't there a run of cars made from the moulds.

With your love of Hebmullers Rob,i think,you're hoping this is not true and a real car was not destroyed.
pre67vw
14 years ago

As a modified car man Rob:lol: you know all this is possible,as changes to a stock car.

'50 Karmann wrote:

I also know that the amount of filler required to smooth all this over wouldn't stand up to the vibrations that the V8 with a blower on would produce... :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
14 years ago

With your love of Hebmullers Rob,i think,you're hoping this is not true and a real car was not destroyed.

'50 Karmann wrote:

I think the real car was used for a mould and then it was destroyed...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
14 years ago

I also know that the amount of filler required to smooth all this over wouldn't stand up to the vibrations that the V8 with a blower on would produce... :wink:

pre67vw wrote:

May-be it didn't and that's why it was scrapped.
It will remain a mystery,because if the question could have been answered by now it surely would have been.
But if it was real Rob, this could be a chance,you should start looking NOW:wink:
pre67vw
14 years ago

.And more importantly making a set of moulds is a big job,would someone go thru' that to make a one off.Why wasn't there a run of cars made from the moulds.

'50 Karmann wrote:

It's all about speed, why would you give your competitors the chance to buy the same body?

Look through an old hot VW's and the pages are littered with them...  drag.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  drag2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
14 years ago
It's this arrowed edge that makes me wonder Rob  heb1b.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
14 years ago
on your pics the moulds don't have this.
We'll have to agree to disagree:d
pre67vw
14 years ago
OK you win, it has to be a real Heb because of that seam.

Never mind that it's a V8 with a chevy/ford rear axle, headers out the side, fibreglass tonneau cover and a hugely sculpted body... :lol:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
14 years ago
Yes,and the fact that i spoke to a guy, who has been to see the person that ran this car:lol:
pre67vw
14 years ago
who told a guy, who said that his friend... :lol:

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
14 years ago
i'll see YOU in the playground:wink: