HansBug
14 years ago
Hey

My dad is restoring my '65 bug for my 17th birthday, was wondering whether i should go for after-market wheels or keep original solids. Everything else on the car is being kept original.

Has anyone got any decent photos of the different types already fitted on bugs that they can post

Thanks

8)
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Welcome to the forum!

The mention of aftermarket wheels on pre67vw will invite a tirade of abuse from many of us :lol: :wink: Keep it stock. Stock is the new modified.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
harveypj
14 years ago
Your only going to get one answer on ths forum.............."Keep your original solid steel wheels".
In the style of Gordan Ramsey;
Blast them, powder coat them black and then paint the face side the correct colours add the chrome 'dome' hub caps. "Done" ... perfect vintage wheels.8)

Stock......the new custom
HansBug
14 years ago
I didn't want to hear that, thats 2-0 to my dad.
He has a '64 split bus which has been kept original, lets see how the scoring goes.
:wink:
54 Gertie
14 years ago
+1 for original. :wink:
William
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
Have both. Crossplies on the steel wheels and radials on the alloys. Stop you getting bored.
Personally I approve of period alloy wheels. BRMs came out in 1965 after all.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
the best wheels you can fit to your bug are the originals, if you want alloys go & buy a corsa or similar chav mobile :lol: