lutty
  • lutty
  • Regular Topic Starter
13 years ago
I have a 54 oval with an original 30hp engine, I would like to have a bit more power, I have seen that wolfburg west make a repro okrasa kit for 1395$. Has anyone got one of these kits & are they any good or should I go for a judson
thank you for your help
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
The kit has quality issues. Mine came as standard with 3 leaky valves and badly cast heads that lack adequate seating surfaces. The manifolds are none too clever either I am told. Unless you are a bit handy with welding ally and are generally a demon engine builder, then I´d pass until they get their quality control sorted out. A simple "bolt on" it isn´t.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
oval56
13 years ago
i had 4 kit's in my hands and only 2 heads had problems with the valvguides...

for the price you would not find anything better. my heads are running since 4500km, and 2 other engines (only bolt on okrasa) runn also great... the only thing is that i would check all before and i recommend to check the carbs carfully

i had installed a judson years before.... and i would never do this again... :shock: :wink:
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

i had 4 kit's in my hands and only 2 heads had problems with the valvguides...

for the price you would not find anything better. my heads are running since 4500km, and 2 other engines (only bolt on okrasa) runn also great... the only thing is that i would check all before and i recommend to check the carbs carfully

i had installed a judson years before.... and i would never do this again... :shock: :wink:

oval56 wrote:

How many of the heads had the seating problem? ( I know it´s not always a problem :wink: )

What was wrong with the carbs?

Oh I meant to ask you - how much did it cost to get your wheels re-chromed?
UserPostedImage
oval56
13 years ago
no seat was leaking, but 2 valveguides hav not been on the end...

i head was machined not right in the center....

the carbs are okay, if you clean them...some have casting rests on some holes...

the rechromeing is a special price i got of a frind of mine....

How many of the heads had the seating problem? ( I know it´s not always a problem :wink: )

What was wrong with the carbs?

Oh I meant to ask you - how much did it cost to get your wheels re-chromed?

JD wrote:

www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

no seat was leaking, but 2 valveguides hav not been on the end...

i head was machined not right in the center....

the carbs are okay, if you clean them...some have casting rests on some holes...

the rechromeing is a special price i got of a frind of mine....

oval56 wrote:

Ah thanks Andi. Nothing too serious then.

Shame for me about the chrome.
UserPostedImage