Rattletrap
13 years ago

I was thinking of starting an Ovaltine fan club!

We 70s Beetle owners must stick together.

Oops another Ovaltine post.

rudolf hucker wrote:

I doubt he'd have enough fans here to form a partnership, certainly not a club.:rofl: Use of the 'O' word needs to be banned, I think most of us are tired of seeing it now.:thumbdn:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
rudolf hucker
13 years ago
You can own a 1970s Beetle and still be interested in the older ones! I enjoy reading all the stories and the information on the early cars is great.
It just seemed to me (as a newcomer) that there was hostility to some people who didnt hold the same views as the majority. Forums should welcome healthy debate.
GKL 7
13 years ago

I doubt he'd have enough fans here to form a partnership, certainly not a club.:rofl:

Rattletrap wrote:

Don't fuel the blaze Si

Rattletrap wrote:

I had to laugh,John you crack me up:rofl:
pre67vw
13 years ago

You can own a 1970s Beetle and still be interested in the older ones! I enjoy reading all the stories and the information on the early cars is great.
It just seemed to me (as a newcomer) that there was hostility to some people who didnt hold the same views as the majority. Forums should welcome healthy debate.

rudolf hucker wrote:

You can own a 70s Beetle and still be interested in the older ones, absolutely without a doubt. Many on here own 70s Beetles as well as earlier ones.

There are also people who are only interested in very early VWs and would like to see it be pre '57 - or some even only split Beetles!!

The pre '67 was always a point to differentiate this site from others, nothing elitist intended. Upright headlights was a significant change in the design of the Beetle, nearly every part on the car went through some kind of change - so it seemed as good a cut off point as any...

The fact that you see hostility towards people who don't hold the same view is worrying, I agree that forums should welcome healthy debate...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

The fact that you see hostility towards people who don't hold the same view is worrying, I agree that forums should welcome healthy debate...

pre67vw wrote:

Prove them all wrong and open a stock post 67 corner!
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
rudolf hucker
13 years ago
I probably did not explain myself very well.

I feel no hostility aimed at me personally or to the fact that i have a 70s car. I had noticed a degree of Ovaltine bashing though.

Still, now that he is banned the problem is solved.
Rattletrap
13 years ago

I probably did not explain myself very well.

I feel no hostility aimed at me personally or to the fact that i have a 70s car. I had noticed a degree of Ovaltine bashing though.

Still, now that he is banned the problem is solved.

rudolf hucker wrote:

It happens, Rudolf. Rattletrap has taken one hell of a bashing here over the past year or so, which you'd not realise being a newer member.

This morning when I saw Ovaltine had been banned I thought good riddance. But now after seeing your post I'm now not so sure – a difference of opinion is what its all about otherwise why a discussion forum. Ovaltine wavered on that fine line though which no one should cross.:o
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
54 Gertie
13 years ago

Ovaltine wavered on that fine line though which no one should cross.:o

Rattletrap wrote:

Ovaltine did more than waver the line, he crossed over then parked his breakfast on it!
William
GKL 7
13 years ago

Prove them all wrong and open a stock post 67 corner!

JD wrote:

Give it up James:wink:
pre67vw
13 years ago

Ovaltine did more than waver the line, he crossed over then parked his breakfast on it!

54 Gertie wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Healthy debate is a part of forums but its not everything. Forums also offer help or learning depending on what side of experience you sit, they offer a place of common interest, information on what is going on, inspiration, encouragement, feedback, all kinds of good stuff.

There are plenty of VWs I don't like, but I don't join up to their forum and tell them how crap they are or why they should do things the way I think they should be done.

Ovaltine is gone, time to move on.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
lifeintheslowlane
13 years ago
From what I saw Ovaltine discussed nothing...he never gave an opinion, he gave his answer.

You can't discuss something with someone who's sure they always have the answer. That's my answer...:oops: I mean my opinion.
John.
69project
13 years ago
i miss ovaltine now....:omg:
Car less.....
oval56
13 years ago

i miss ovaltine now....:omg:

69project wrote:

:omg: oh oh... sure?
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
69project
13 years ago

:omg: oh oh... sure?

oval56 wrote:

unfortunatley not,i do feel as though he was entitled to his opinion and had the right to use it as we all do....but it was always just too harsh and offensive :thumbdn:
Car less.....