pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
8 years ago
So things seem a bit quiet around here at the moment, not many vintage shows going on (in the UK anyway) - so no new photos or videos 😞

Not many projects going on in the forum, nothing much happening at all really...

Maybe the forum is losing out a bit to Facebook, obviously theSamba is still huge so maybe people are posting there instead.

So come on, what's been going on? Newbies this is you're chance to introduce yourself, if you're working on a project why not start a build thread? Or just post a pic of your car. Maybe you've been to a great vintage show and can post up the photos. Or maybe you might have some other suggestions for the site, I'm always prepared to listen!

It's a case of use it or lose it, if the forum dies out and hardly anyone posts then there's no point keeping it on the site.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Fernando Pal
8 years ago
Rob, is the same in Portugal..............:( 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞
FP
11 sedan de luxe oval
6/1955
early bay camper 4/1971
Oliver
8 years ago
When you see such posts as Zelinsis61 about the Hebmueller prototypes and pre-production it makes it all worthwhile!!!

I don't have a pre-67 VW and hence am unable to participate too much but I follow the site religiously!

Keep it going.

Maybe you can get Grundmann and Schepens to post here more often...

Cheers from Canada
ianmac
8 years ago
I'm still here lurking.... I will start a thread on my 'new' bus tomorrow :wink:
ianmac
8 years ago
Ps has anyone seen George Lloyd is he still about ?
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
8 years ago

Ps has anyone seen George Lloyd is he still about ?

Originally Posted by: ianmac 

Last I heard was when ET contacted him about Camberg and he said he wasn't going. I think he's probably lost interest, hopefully it's just a break and he'll be back...

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
8 years ago

Maybe you can get Grundmann and Schepens to post here more often...

Originally Posted by: Oliver 

I'd love that!! But sadly I think Facebook takes too much away from here and other sites.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
zelensis61
8 years ago
I will do my best here but I agree on the FB issue. Lots of info goes round on that channel. I'll try to catch up;-)

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
8 years ago
I don't agree about FB. I seldom see any VW info on there. Guess I'm not friends with the right people!
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
lifeintheslowlane
8 years ago

I don't agree about FB. I seldom see any VW info on there. Guess I'm not friends with the right people!

Originally Posted by: JD 

I agree. All you see on FB is "This is my..." followed by 30 likes and a few spurious comments like "wickid stance" and other in depth technical comments like, "My dad had one of those when I was a kid...I hope to have one some day"

I can't remember the last time I saw a technical question answered on FB. Forums are the only place where you see informed advice.

John.
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
8 years ago
It's good to hear that people still think forums are relevant... :thumbup:

However.. if you look at the Rare Vintage Air club page on FB, there's a lot of great vintage stuff being posted on there constantly - and from all around the world as well. So my original belief that Stock/Vintage people are 'quieter' online is obviously false. Also, I think the Stock/Vintage side of the hobby is probably stronger than it's ever been, so what's stopping people from posting here?

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
nicolass
8 years ago
Rob
I think FB is faster then all the forums
When you have the right FB friends ,group and pages and you have a question or a problem .
You put it on the web and you get the answers in a sec
For all different cars you can find a group on FB not only VW
Pre 67 will stay for sure but i think it go's as the Samba with only info about parts and cars

zelensis61
8 years ago
I agree with John,
Lots of info goes around...and around. you have to know several people to find out what is going around.
But the forum is still the best place to discuss things. I try to solve as much of questions on Hebmuller history and on history on cars itself. Not easy. Problem is that Samba is the place to ask for both us and euro questions and hereis is rather limited on reply....but often more accurate as most of the time I see the same people here and on samba...

I still apreciate the effort of Rob and his time to do this.:beer:

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective