Etzhold1
14 years ago

I bought it from the Boss .He was the man who had the split on the trailer outside.He had some nice parts along with the stall behind him.Probably the best stall of the show.

Sunroof53 wrote:

Can you post a picture from that 53 only air cleaner !

Thanks,

Guido
54 Gertie
14 years ago

Thanks,

Guido

Etzhold1 wrote:

There are some photos in the samba link on the previous page.

I did post one but it was way bigger than the page.
William
Sunroof53
14 years ago

Congrats on the air cleaner Mike :d , have to confess I wouldn't know what the '53-only item looked like even if it had jumped up from the table at me :lol: .
Sorry if I didn't say hello, the only reason being that I didn't see you :lol: , think was too busy running around TRYING to spend some money.
Alas, I only bought a £10 brochure as a bit of a consolation, in the main though Slough 2009 me for didn't live up to previous years reputations as a gold-mine of cheap parts (though I know many people did get good deals!).
Can't complain though, Slough 2008 got me my '53-only speedo and Slough 2009 got you your air cleaner, so its defo a place to go to hit the jackpot occasionally....:wink:

Ovalbug wrote:

I agree it wasnt as good as i remember .I used to do a stall there in the mid 90s and slough was always full of goodies.I may try bugfreeze next year.I didnt stay too long ,in fact i meant to go back to get Boss's email for another part but forgot and went home .:oops:
Sunroof53
14 years ago

Thanks,

Guido

Etzhold1 wrote:

Use the link on the previous page to the samba as there is no gallery for such things on here.I will get told off for Hijacking the rattletrap thread.But not from Rob more likely from Standard split :lol:
Standard split
14 years ago
Hey guys – it's Rattletrap's thread:(

Naughty, naughty[-x

Smashing picture Julian:beer:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Standard split
14 years ago
I was looking at my 1949 Beetle and Rattletrap over the weekend – totally at the opposite ends of the originality spectrum:lol:

I found this little gem tucked away with other stuff in Rattletrap's glove box.

I knew that you can have a single brake light up to 1964 if the car was made that way, but NO BRAKE LIGHTS:shock:
I just though they wasn't working:!:

No washers, seatbelts or flashing direction signals we all know about (but some MOT stations require the washers?)

Just what is the written rule with a car made with no brake lights:p

An what so is the rule with no washers and a fixed windscreen:?:

Rattletrap it seems can wander around with either registration too, how the hell is that:?

Rattletrap's exemption.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
Standard split
14 years ago
[quote= anonymous] …I'm bored stiff with your comments, your Rattletrap, your 49…

Rattletrap is great though:beer: 8)

Presents please for Rattletrap – this thread is a year old tomorrow:d

harveypj
14 years ago

[quote= anonymous] …I'm bored stiff with your comments, your Rattletrap, your 49…

Standard split wrote:

oh give it a rest will ya. :roll: you asked for a block.....got a block.....now leave it blocked
Stock......the new custom
Standard split
14 years ago
Fair do's, but it's all banter:wink:

On a cheerful note its happy birthday to Rattletrap's thread:beer:

One year old today:o

Birthday pets.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  BDay Baloons.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
harveypj
14 years ago
Happy Birthday :beer:
Stock......the new custom
GKL 7
14 years ago
Happy Birthday.

John,you're MAD.
Standard split
14 years ago

Happy Birthday :beer:

harveypj wrote:

Happy Birthday.

John,you're MAD.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Great guys:beer:

I'm not mad – just a bit of fun :lol:

Seriously now, I've got to go – I've got Rattletrap's cake ready for him 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 :shock:

Standard split
14 years ago
How it all started…:o

We all have to cheer at 7:25 this evening:beer: :beer:  Picture 1.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
14 years ago

How it all started…:o

Standard split wrote:

So when this started, presumably you didn't have Rattletrap otherwise the thread would have probably been over after your first reply - "I have it. the end"

Did this thread spark you into tracking it down or was it purely a coincidence?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
mrsherbie
14 years ago
Happy birthday rattletrap from another oily pet magnet :beer:

UserPostedImage

Happy Birthday.

John,you're MAD.

'50 Karmann wrote:

But most of my favorite people are :d
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
mrsherbie
14 years ago
UserPostedImage
Standard split
14 years ago

Happy birthday rattletrap from another oily pet magnet :beer:

UserPostedImage

But most of my favorite people are :d

mrsherbie wrote:

Being mad is fun too 😛

Love the oily pet :d

Geezer my cat really loves Rattletrap – he's under it more than any other of the cars I have.

When I walk past Rattletrap he shoots out from underneath and rugby tackles me around my ankle. I'm sure I can hear Tony laughing as I walk off with the cat hanging around my leg:d

Couldn't find any semi-matt 1947 party hats:roll:

– so that's why he's bought a gallon of T Cut, but don't worry, the '49s in an underground bomb-proof bunker:twisted:

GKL 7
14 years ago

T Cut

Standard split wrote:

Don't use that stuff, it's poison.There are far better products on the market.
Standard split
14 years ago

So when this started, presumably you didn't have Rattletrap otherwise the thread would have probably been over after your first reply - "I have it. the end"

Did this thread spark you into tracking it down or was it purely a coincidence?

pre67vw wrote:

No, it wasn't mine then Rob. I certainly never expected to be lucky enough to own Rattletrap:o

It just turned up for sale by sheer chance while the Rattletrap thread was running (see below). Although I followed the advert up quick, Rattletrap was already destined to go abroad, and it seems fate was sealed for Rattletrap.

I was very pleased later to be able to secure Rattletrap's future remaining in the UK :wink:

It would have been a real shame to lose such a legendary VW with it going abroad 😎

Rattletrap 4 Sale.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
14 years ago

Hey guys – it's Rattletrap's thread:(

Naughty, naughty[-x

Smashing picture Julian:beer:

Standard split wrote:

I took that picture when I was VERY YOUNG!

Long before I could drive

:cry:
www.vwoval.co.uk