55Kab
  • 55Kab
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
I've just posted this over on the Samba and thought it worth posting here.

I've been working with Ricardo at splitpartsunlimited to make the correct visors for Oval Cabrio's.

Ricardo is in the process of making an exact replica of the passenger side "short" visor and I've got to say a big thanks to So-Cal Frank for letting his damaged short visor go to to me as it was shipped to Ricardo in order for him to copy.

The problem now is the driver's visor. As you can see in Ricardo's ad below:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=964289 

The visor he's put together already does not have the correct straight edge to it as it's essentially a trimmed down sedan visor. Ricardo is willing to make the correct shape perspex so that an exact replica driver's visor can be made...but, and it's a big but, he needs a confirmed number of people with deposits in order to make this happen.

The cost of the tooling dye is very expensive and that's the reason Ricardo needs people to commit and give a deposit so he can get the ball rolling.

Basically he needs 20 people to buy these. Deposit requirement is $100 and the final price will work out around $265 each.

I see lots of car's with incorrect visors so I'm sure it can't be that difficult to get 20 people to commit.

What are you thoughts?

Obviously Ricado will need to hear from you directly with an offer of your $100 payment. I'm on the list so 19 to go.

Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads