fugazi kid
13 years ago
im looking for a good used unblocked manifold for my 1950 split bug,i live in wales uk,if any one can help that would be great.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
13 years ago
If the car is pre-April, it will need a non-jacketed manifold. If it's post-April it will need a jacketed one (very hard to find!). Good luck in your search!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
fugazi kid
13 years ago
its the hard to find one,its a late 50,iv had a look at a 30 hp manifold ,and the only diffrance is the ends witch bolt to the heads are little larger,i might be able to cut and weld my ends to the 30 hp manifold.the part numbers is the same 25hp and 30hp,but after the part number you have the vw logo and after that the number 19 on the 25hp and 17 on the 30hp.
Rich Oakley
13 years ago

its the hard to find one,its a late 50,iv had a look at a 30 hp manifold ,and the only diffrance is the ends witch bolt to the heads are little larger,i might be able to cut and weld my ends to the 30 hp manifold.the part numbers is the same 25hp and 30hp,but after the part number you have the vw logo and after that the number 19 on the 25hp and 17 on the 30hp.

fugazi kid wrote:

This might be a good sorce of reference for you if you are looking at modifying a 30bhp manifold. John Henry who compiled the info has recently been awareded an OBE by the Queen for services pertaining to inlet manifold accuracy and details...
https://zarwerks.com/intake_matrix.htm 
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.